The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica, through the Ministry of Environment Rural, Modernisation and Kalinago Upliftment is seeking a Consultancy Firm to undertake a Site-Specific Environmental, Social and Gender Assessment for three (3) projects under the Green Climate Fund Enhanced Direct Access (GCF-EDA) Project, namely the Resilience to Climate Change Impacts in the Kalinago Territory, Rehabilitation of the Soufriere/Pointe Mitchel Road and the Strengthening of National Forest and Watersheds Resilience on island.
The Consultancy will be for a duration of three (3) months and the organization is expected/required to propose a team of consultants that should ideally comprise the following mix of competencies:
- Proven expertise and in-depth knowledge of sustainable energy and climate change policies and practices in the Latin America and the Caribbean context;
- At least ten (10) years of experience conducting environmental impact assessments, environmental analyses or research in the field of environmental life cycle impacts and climate change;
- Track-record of participating in the engineering, execution, operation and/or maintenance aspects of at least five (5) similar projects. Experience with conducting prefeasibility and feasibility studies would be an asset;
- Have at least ten (10) years proven experience in renewable energy and climate change adaptation projects especially conducting Environmental and Social Impact Assessments at national, regional and international levels;
- Consultants/employees should hold advanced degrees in their respective areas of expertise (social sciences, engineering, energy, environmental sciences, energy law, environmental policy, sustainable development, or other relevant fields);
- Familiarity with the GCF procedures and prior experience in preparing a GCF Funding Proposal would be an asset.
The following subject matter specialists are considered a minimum requirement for the composition of the Consultancy team:
Expert I/Team Leader: Master’s Degree or equivalent in Environmental and Social Impact Assessment with expertise preferably in the field of environmental sustainability, environmental science, environmental engineering, eco-system services management, environmental and social sciences or other field relevant to environmental sustainability and climate change.
Expert II: Master’s Degree or equivalent in Mechanical, Civil Engineering, renewable energy or related fields. 10 years’ experience working in the areas of mechanical or civil engineering, renewable energy or related fields.
Expert III: Master’s Degree or equivalent in Agricultural Science, Agronomy Natural Resource Management, Agricultural Extension or related fields. 5 years’ experience working in the areas of agriculture, agronomy natural resource management, agricultural extension or related fields.
Deadline for the submission of expressions of interest is January 31, 2022.