MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENT
NOTICE OF VACANCY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of Radiographer, Ministry of Health and Environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Senior Radiographer, the Radiographer:
- Provides assistance to patients before, during and after X-ray procedures in order to make patients comfortable;
- Operates all radiographic equipment and makes radiographic exposures in order to produce radiographs for use in diagnosing disease and disorders of the human body;
- Operates a Mobile X-ray unit to facilitate diagnosis of bedridden, Neonatology and ICU patients
- Mixes contrast media according to prescribed formula for use during special
- Manipulates the C-arm unit in operating theatre;
- Operates the Mammographic Unit;
- Manipulates the Computed Tomography Unit (CT)
- Ensures that radiographic procedures are conducted within prescribed format and quality;
- Performs other related duties to facilitate the smooth functioning of the unit.
- Ability to perform quality assurance of Mammography and CT machine
- Ability to work with Radiologist to perform special and contrast studies
QUALIFICATIONS: A Certificate in Radiography
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE: Skilled in positioning patient accurately and use of a computer;
Skilled in the interpretation of clinical data to X-ray;
Skilled in altering radiographic factors to produce diagnostic results;
Skilled in moving and manipulating heavy unit and tube arm;
Skilled in producing radiographs;
Knowledge of and skilled in setting correct exposure factors;
Knowledge of implication of injuries and skilled in dealing effectively with injured persons;
Knowledge of professional ethics and standards and ability to uphold same.
Knowledge of radiographic equipment;
Knowledge of radiation protection in conformity with ALARA principles
Knowledge of MRI would be an asset
Salary is in the scale 18 - 9 EC$28,015.20 - $42,170.16 per annum
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and copies of all relevant certificates and the names of two (2) referees should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health and Environment
Telephone: 1 767 266 3260 or 3259
Fax: 1 767 448 6086
Public Officers must apply through their Head of Department.
The closing date for receipt of applications is July 31, 2017.
Only candidates who are shortlisted will be acknowledged.