Applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested persons to fill the position of Land Valuation Technician, Valuation Unit, Ministry of Housing, Lands and Water Resources Management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main functions of the Land Valuation Technician are stated as follows:
- reviews and updates the computerized property sales register and sales maps;
- carries out valuation of all types of heritable property;
- processes complaints and objections against valuations and requests for relief under any property taxation system;
- collaborates in the maintenance of a computerized data-base pertaining to land valuation matters and collaborates and maintains a computerized Land Inventory.
Certificate in Land Valuation or related field
Three years’ experience in a related field
- Strong communication skills
- Skilled in conducting research and apply Land Valuation Techniques
- Knowledge of relevant laws rules and regulations
- Knowledge of land valuation techniques and methods
- Knowledge of geography of Dominica and land value systems
- Skilled in locating, extracting and comparing statistical data and to present in a comprehensive manner
- Skilled in operating the computer and to use relevant software
- Skilled in report writing
REMUNERATION AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Salary Scale 18 -9 $2,334.60 - $3,514.18
Work is performed in an office, at the Registry and on the field.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
If the successful applicant is drawn from outside the Public Service, the terms of recruitment will be on a temporary or contractual basis for a period of two (2) years in the first instance.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae and two references should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Housing, Lands and Water Resource Management
Commonwealth of Dominica
Interested Public Officers should apply through their Heads of Department
Deadline for receipt of applications is April 15, 2017.