Roseau City Council
POST OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the post of CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER at the Roseau City Council, Roseau, Dominica.
- Scope of work
Officer shall be expected to, among other duties to:
- Assist the Council in developing policies and procedures to facilitate smooth functioning of the Council;
- Assist in the preparation of annual estimates of revenue and expenditure for the Council and to submit same for approval by the Minister;
- Coordinate office activities, committee meetings and helping to facilitate trainings and sensitization workshops;
- Attend all meetings of Council and of committees appointed by the Council;
- Submit annual report of departmental activities to Council and forward copies to Honorable Minister for Social Services, Family and Gender Affairs;
- To prepare and produce monthly statements of accounts for submission to Councillors, prior to Statutory Meetings of Council;
- To prepare yearly statements of accounts for certification by the Director of Audit and for publication in the Official Gazette;
- Coordinate effective communication of information of the Council;
- Prepare and submit monthly reports on the activities of the Council to the Board of the Council;
- To submit for publication, Minutes of meetings and notices of Council as required by the Council;
- Responsible for industrial relation matters;
- Coordinate departmental activities;
- To institute legal action where necessary against any persons or concern in keeping with the provision of the Council Act, By- laws and regulations;
- Represent the Council in Court matters;
- Recruitment and selection of employees;
- Implement system for effective day-to-day running of the Council office.
- 2. Qualifications AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates should possess the following:
- A Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Development, Management or Legal Studies;
- At least five (5) years of work experience in a Managerial position with good human resource management and leadership skills;
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of executive meetings;
- Excellent oral communication and strong report writing skills;
- Sound and accurate working knowledge of Local Government Structure;
- Significant demonstrated experience in managing, motivating and leading teams;
- Possess a high level of professionalism and confidentiality;
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Full details on additional requirements can be obtained by visiting the Roseau City Council Office on 21 Long Lane. Roseau.
Applications along with Curriculum Vitae, including the names and contact information of of two (2) referees should be sent to:
Roseau City Council
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday March 3rd, 2017.