Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica Website
Sunday, 22 April 2018

Applications are invited from suitable qualified persons to pursue studies in the People’s Republic of China under the People’s Republic of China Scholarship Programme 2017 to pursue studies towards Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral Degrees.

Applicants seeking Bachelor’s degree should be between ages 18 and 25 and should have attained high school diplomas; for Master’s degree ages 18 and 35 with a Bachelor’s degree and for Doctorate ages between 18 and 40 with a Master’s degree.

Interested persons should write application to the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development and submit with the following:

  • Three certified copies of highest diploma
  • Three notarized copies of academic transcript
  • Three copies of Foreigner Physical Examination form (available at the Ministry of Education)
  • Three letters of recommendation from Professors or Associate professors required for higher degrees
  • A Study Plan or Research Proposal – minimum of 200 words for undergraduates and 800 for graduates
  • A CD of own works from applicants for music
  • A CD of own works including two sketches, two colour paintings and two other works from applicants for fine art program

Deadline to submit application and items mentioned above is February 24, 2017.

Applicants who are recommended for a scholarship will receive an Award Letter for Chinese Government Scholarship from the Chinese Embassy which should be used to apply directly to the Universities in China and acquire a Pre-Admission Letter.

Applicants will use the Pre-Admission letter to complete the Chinese Scholarship Council Online Application Form at inserting the name of the University.

Please print two copies of the Application form and submit with Pre Admission letter to the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development before March 03, 2017.

Additional information on Guide to Study in China under Chinese Government Scholarship and Introduction to Chinese Universities can be found at website and also at the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development. All Documents must be in English or Chinese.

Public officers must apply through their Heads of Department. 

Find Us On Facebook