The Government of Dominica has implemented an Income and Livelihood Support Programs which targets individuals who have lost their jobs or suspended business operations due to the Covid-19 Pandemic or the Emergency Powers (Curfew) Order, Statutory Rules and Order No.15 of 2020.
Individuals who are interested in applying online, may access the applications forms via the following websites:
Dominica.gov.dm OR dss.dm
Individuals who require assistance in completing the applications forms are asked to visit the Registration Assistance Office at the Windsor Park Stadium form 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Mondays to Fridays.
Kindly bring along all relevant documents pertaining to the desired response program.
For the Unemployment Grant:
- Valid Government-issued photo ID – (your Passport, Driver’s License or Social Security)
- Proof citizenship – (your Birth Certificate, Passport or Driver’s License)
- Most recent salary/ pay slip
- Evidence of being laid-off or terminated, including at least one of the following: Declaration confirming termination from employer; if not available, a letter from a Justice of the Peace or Chair of Local Government Authority.
- Bank Account details to facilitate payment of grants through the banks.
For the Self-Employed Grant:
- Valid Government-issued photo ID – (Passport, Driver’s License or Social Security)
- Proof of Citizenship – (Birth Certificate, Passport or Driver’s License)
- Business Registration / Certificate of Incorporation or in the absence of formal business registration, a letter form Justice of the Peace or Chair or Local Government Authority
- Documentation to show income and/or sales levels including at least one of the following: copy of tax return or most recent bank statement, most recent accounting/book-keeping records, social security records or certified copy of tax return, business registration and licenses paid before March 22, 2020.
All visitors to the Office are required to follow Covid-19 Safety Protocols issued by the Ministry of Health including the wearing of face masks.
For further information, you can contact the office of the Small Business Support Unit, Ministry of Tourism, International Transport and Maritime Initiatives at telephone numbers 266-3965 / 266-3964 and 266-3197 or The Dominica Social Security on 255-8311.