Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for scholarships to pursue undergraduate, graduate research studies and graduate academic studies under the Organization of American States (OAS) Scholarship program for the 2019 Academic Cycle.
Scholarships are offered as follows:
- Undergraduate scholarships:
Self-Placed; in a university of the candidate’s choice
The student must be:
- Enrolled in the program of study and eligible to graduate within two (2) academic years from the date of the scholarship offer.
- Accepted into the University where he or she plans to study for the last two (2) years of the undergraduate program that leads to a Bachelor’s degree. Admission letter must state that the applicant will complete the program of studies within two (2) academic years.
- Graduate Scholarships: There are two (2) types
- Self-Placed in an OAS Non- Consortium Universitywhere candidates apply directly for admission to the educational institutions of their choice and present their application for an OAS Scholarship.
- Self-Placed in an OAS Consortium University where candidates apply directly to Universities located in three different OAS countries. OAS seeks placement at Universities for those candidates selected for scholarships.
Interested persons should complete OAS application form on-line at the OAS website as follows:
A signed copy of the application with all relevant documents should be forwarded to:
Ministry of Education and
Human Resource Development
Deadline for receipt of applications is May 31, 2019.
Further information can be obtained at the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development. The chosen area of study must be consistent with the National Priority Training Needs. OAS does not award scholarships for studies in the Medical Sciences and the Learning of Languages.
Public Officers must apply through their Heads of Department.